Tuesday

These TV debates can only end in tears/February 9th 2010

Richie - Like most upstanding DM readers Mrs Bob No 3 and I enjoy perusing your frisky column over breakfast. However, since I was ordered to give up my full English, on account of high cholesterol levels, my morning meal has lacked excitement, the dry museli and monkey nuts prescribed by my NHS health worker a sad substitute for bacon, egg and bangers. So, Mrs Bob has kindly been importing exotic food packages from her native Thailand and sprinkling the strange treats into my bowl. Well, feeding time has been transformed! The tasty morsels have given me a new flush of youth. And my health regime, which includes running to the snug of the village local every day, has been a great success. But imagine my shock when I discovered that brekkie now consists of dried crispy insects - delicacies in that part of the world! As you can imagine, I'm keeping a stiff upper lip and last night won the pub karaoke with a rousing version of The Beatles' Let It Bee. Mad here innit!

No comments:

Post a Comment