Tuesday

A sensible precaution or elf 'n' safety paranoia?/April 16th 2010.

Richie - Yesterday I met one of your fans! I was out campaigning in the rural Tory heartlands when I brought the Jag to a halt outside a ramshackle farmstead. Even though the pathway was muddy and the dilapidated house sported a Vote for Change poster I couldn't resist knocking on the door so as to engage the occupant in some pre-election banter. The couple who answered were rough country types and the man, who was missing several teeth, was stroking a piglet. "My name's Bob and I'm here to ask if you'll be supporting the Labour candidate in the forthcoming election ?" I said with a perky smile. The man spat on the floor and the woman, who was chewing fresh cud, puckered her face. "Godless Labour's to blame for everythin" the man growled. "I knows cuz Littlejohn sez so. Edna - go get the shotgun and give this pinko commie buztard both barrels!" Needless to say I scarpered pronto and caused a hefty giggle when I told the tale in the snug. Good to know your fans are out there, eh Rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment