Tuesday

I look down on him because.../March 12th 2010

Richie - I was dozing in the comfy chair after my afternoon snifter when I was awoken by the high pitched wail of Mrs Bob No 3's hysterical laughter. "See Wob Boberts!" she said in her quaint Thai accent. "It's fanny man from Only Rules and Forces on tv". 'Only Rules and Forces' is Mrs Bob's endearing way of referring to the classic sitcom "Only Fools and Horses" which, since she arrived in Britain, has met with her gushing approval. I rubbed my spec-less eyes and peered at our 42 inch Sony hd set to see Alan Titchmarch interviewing a rather smarmy looking individual in a dark suit and blue tie. "See Wob - it's Wodney Twotter!" Mrs Bob screamed excitedly. I tried to explain that Titch's guest was in fact Tory leader Dave Cameron. "The difference between the two is plain, my sweet" I explained. "Rodders is a comic creation of genius whereas Dipstick Dave is a troughing Do-Nothing Tory Toff" but she'd already gone off to the kitchen to fry up a tasty snack of poached crickets and bamboo worms. Mad here innit!

No comments:

Post a Comment