Tuesday

What on earth is Call Me Dave doing in Egypt?/February 23rd 2011.

Richie - With Mrs Bob No 3 safely packed away at rehearsals for the operatic society's spring production, I settled in my comfy chair with a snifter or three and caught-up with my favourite programmes on Auntie Beeb's wonderful iPlayer. And what a superb choice of entertainment our national broadcaster offers! Drama, current affairs, light entertainment, the best in sport and music - how lucky we are to have this national institution at our fingertips. I was particularly taken by the series The Human Planet - in fact, so enthralled that I watched six episodes in one sitting! My favourite bit was when the men of the Wodaabe tribe, smeared in red paint, adorned in the feathers of the paradise bird, and looking like exotic clowns, danced manically for their womenfolk in the hope of getting a date! It was such a sight, these showboaters huffing, puffing and preening to get themselves noticed, that I was at once reminded of our useless, unelected, blushing PM's visit to Egypt! Mad I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment