Thursday

From Cairo we go live to London where things are even worse.../February 4th 2011.

Richie - In my regal capacity as school governor I was invited to observe a sixth form Media Studies class at my local comp today. To add flavour I suggested to Miss that the young whippersnappers spent time studying your esteemed column. And study they did, Rich, perusing your hallowed words with silent vim and vigour that surprised all. Eventually a chap named Emo put up his hand and said: "Is this crap, like er, for real ?" I assured Emo that yes Lord Littlewon was indeed "for real" and represented a cherished tradition of political satire dating back to Swift. A girl with a stud through her nose shook her pretty head and said: "This really is like, er, major major crap. Nothing about tuition fees, nothing about the cuts in ed maintenance. Is this guy some kind of Right Wing fruitcake ?" I tried to defend your honour, Richie, but acknowledged that perhaps today's offering wasn't your finest hour and we moved on to a more relevant dude named Dickens. The Yoof of today, eh ?

No comments:

Post a Comment