Friday

Who wants to be a billionaire? Brits sadly lacking in the 40 super-rich giving away fortunes/August 6th 2010.

Richie - I was sitting in my comfy chair stroking the silky hindquarters of Mrs Bob No 3's pet ferret when I received a letter imploring me to support a new charitable cause. As a well-known small businessman of this parish - and with my company, Bob Roberts' Security Services 4 U, doing very nicely thank you on the back of public sector cuts - I'm often asked to provide philanthropic donations. I usually refuse, in the simple belief that it is governments' job to keep the homeless housed and the vulnerable protected, not poor old Wob Boberts'. That said, the project in need of support that appeared through my letterbox fired my imagination. The Gay & Lesbian Asylum Seekers' Yoghurt Knitting & Organic Lentil Centre offer abused people the opportunity to unleash their creative potential in a peaceful, non-threatening environment. I'm sure you'll agree, Richie, it's a very worthy cause. I donated £100 and I urge DM readers to do the same. Support Sham n Cleggie's Big Society I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment