Friday

A walkway for dormice is a bridge too far.../August 27th 2010.

Richie - Mrs Bob No 3 and her pals from the amateur operatic society have been hijacking Castle Roberts as they begin rehearsals for their autumn production of Hello Dolly, set during the time of the Black Death. Needless to say, yours truly is turfed out from his comfy chair and told not to return until the day's warbling and screetching has ended. I usually go to the snug for a snifter or two but this morning decided to venture to the nearby forest. Oh the joy of nature, Richie! I spotted foxes, badgers, squirrels, all manner of winged creature - and also dormice by the dozen, scurrying between the trees as they stocked their underground larders with whatever it is dormice eat. In fact, I was so taken by these delightful creatures that I captured three in my tuck box and took them home as pets, which sent Mrs Bob's am dram group fleeing and screaming from the house pronto vowing never to return! 200k seems the least we can do if it allows Wob to re-claim his comfy chair I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment