Friday

Is that an injunction in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?/April 15th 2011.

Richie - As a successful local businessman of these parts I was recently invited to a round-table event highlighting new start-ups. Normally I avoid these self-indulgent get-togethers but with Mrs Bob off at operatic rehearsals and the prospect of free snifters and nibbles I decided to show my face. And what a swell evening it was! A parade of new business initiatives were prodded onto the stage for our delectation, all of them providing a snapshot of the private-sector-led recovery! Marge, a single parent and former social worker, has launched a pet nail-trimming service and Brian, a former firefighter, has entered the competative market of male kiss-o-grams. Roger, a newly redundant health-and-safety officer, has set up as an Elvis-medium and ex-lollipop lady Katie is looking to corner the market in celebrity-themed cup-cakes! All have taken out huge bank loans to start them on their way. Well done the Tory-led Coagulation, I say, for gving these important industries a leg-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment