Friday

Who's the Wally with the Golly?/March 2th 2011.

Richie - I was sitting in my comfy chair trying to think of something suitable to buy my precocious grandson, Bob Roberts Jnr, as a gift for his eleventh birthday. Young Bob has set himself the goal of becoming Labour PM by the time he's 40 and demands we only buy him biographies of political titans of the age - Clinton, Mandelson, Blair, the cheeky chappie has read em all! But all work and no play makes Bob jnr dull, I say. So imagine my delight when I discovered a novelty gift doll called the WallyJohn! With puffed-up cheeks and an ample corsage, the WallyJohn is modelled on that peculiar breed of Right Wing media windbag who goes out of their way to be politically incorrect. Well, Wallyjohn proved to be a big hit with Bob jnr. He especially enjoyed the pull-cord at the rear of the doll that turned Wallyjohn purple and activated the catch-phrase "Who cares about the Japs!" The last I saw Bob jnr had invented a game called earthquakes and buried Wallyjohn in the garden! Mad I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment