Tuesday

'Ello, John, got a new Motability motor?/October 11th 2011.

Richie - I was snoozing in my comfy chair when my precocious 11 year old grandson, Bob Roberts jnr, shook me awake. Young Bob is staying at Castle Roberts while his parents enjoy a well-earned break and is studying hard as he seeks to achieve his goal of becoming Labour PM around the year 2035. A considerate chap, Bob jnr had poured me an early-morning snifter and collected my copy of the DM. "Anything interesting in the news today ?" I asked, blurry eyed, to which Bob grimaced and stamped his little foot in frustration. "That Right-wing windbag Littlejohn is criticising the motability scheme" he snarled. "Why can't these Tory nutters understand that only governments and the public sector can stimulate an economy during recession. Take away the motability allowance and new car sales will collapse, leading to more unemployment and a higher benefits bill. I mean, it's not rocket science!" and with that young Bob skipped off into the garden to discuss endogenous growth theory with the attractive girl next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment