Monday

Is this Paradise? Nah, Luton Airport/December 15th 2010.

Richie - Would you adam and eve it! Mrs Bob No 3 and I have just returned from a 10 day cruise round the Med. We steamed back into Southampton chirpy as can be and as the liner prepared to dock I left Mrs Bob on deck while I collected our luggage. I oversaw the transit of our bags onto dry land and into the boot of my trusty XJ6 and then set off on the long drive towards Worcester. It was only when I reached home and was settled in my comfy chair with a double snifter that I realised my terrible mistake. Yes, you've guessed it - I'd forgotten Mrs Bob! I called the cruise company who confirmed that a rather agitated Thai lady was seated in their office threatening divorce if I didn't return pronto to pick her up! I too suggested a courier service to my front door but the idea was rudely rejected in the strange Thai dialect that is her mother tongue. So, I drove all the way back to Southampton only to find that she'd fled to her sister in Epping where she's stubbornly remained! Mad I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment