Friday

The answer, my friend, ain't blowing' in the wind/June 10th 2011.

Richie - On my morning constitutional I noticed our happy-clappy vicar Rev Pritchard near the newsagents praising the fairies and offering communion to all and sundry. "Hallelujah to our good old Bish, eh Bob ?" he squealed and pointed out to me Arch Druid Williams' pronouncements in The Guardian regarding our vile, unelected Coagulation govt. Later, in the snug, the good Rev fell into animated conversation with a local Tory Turnip and High Church brimstone and treacle type who'd wandered in for happy hour. "The world is divided into two" thundered the Turnip "the hard-working and pious souls who will be embraced by the Lord on Judgement Day and the squalid, fetid unbelievers who will burn in Hell for all eternity!" At closing time, and well lubricated after a number of double snifters, I fell into the village duck pond and rose, covered in sludge and chip wrappings, just as the warring parties left the pub. "I have risen, I have risen!" I said and scared both half to death! Mad I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment